Monday, September 28, 2015

Almost another transfer

Wow this was a pretty crazy week! Lots of things happened!
I'll just start with the biggest thing. I ate spaghetti this week. No worries, I still hate spaghetti. Oh wait, I guess that's not really important...
Well I'm in Elko now! Lots of crazy stuff happened last week and Sister Torres got sent home for health problems. That was really hard. I found out on Tuesday that she was going home and then she left shortly after and I didn't really get the chance to talk to her a ton. I miss her so much because we got along so well and we had a lot of fun but I know she's getting the help she needs.
Anyway, it has been an adventure being in Elko! Sister Doyle and Hingano are awesome and it's definitely an experience being in a trio! There are some interesting people here in Elko...But the really cool thing is that I've gotten to use Spanish 3 or 4 times and before this week I had never used Spanish on my mission! So that's been awesome!
Members bought us pizza this week too and that was an amazing miracle. Another member bought us Dairy Queen and got each of us a dilly bar and a blizzard. It was so delicious!
The members in Spring Creek are awesome. The three of us have to cover 3 different wards now and it's been a little bit of a struggle. I sent out a mass text asking for sisters to come out with me and go to lessons or go tracting and almost 20 sisters responded saying that they could! The sisters in Spring Creek 2nd are really the ones that are going to keep the work moving!
Well not much else is going on here. Sorry my letter is so short! I hope you all had a great week!
Love and miss you all!
Sister Ashley Gootee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment