Sunday, September 6, 2015

Is this the Krusty Krab?

This week was a pretty slow week. Really the excitement all happened on Saturday. The ward ended up sending out search parties for us and people were driving around the neighborhoods we serve in looking for our car. The ward mission leader even called the hospital to see if we had shown up there. By the time we got out of our meeting with a less active member, we had 3 missed calls and a few texts. It turns out that there was a miscommunication and a member thought that we were supposed to be at her house 3 hours earlier. We made sure to let the ward know that we were still alive and working and thank them for their concern for us.
Sister Torres and I seriously laugh about everything. We are in the habit of quoting Spongebob or other TV shows/movies and it's pretty hilarious. It definitely makes weekly planning go a lot faster when you can laugh along the way.
Something I learned this week is that Hot Box is a restaurant that not very many people are familiar with. I knew there were other meanings for that name but I just assumed that everybody knew about Hot Box pizza.
Speaking of restaurants we had an amazing miracle this week because we got Subway! Well, that's not particularly a miracle because Subway isn't the greatest, but as we were walking in a couple members were walking out. They insisted on paying for us so we ended up getting free Subway! The members here are pretty awesome!
Speaking of food (I'm pretty sure that's all I talk about), I had an interesting experience the other day. We got a text and a member asked us if Sister Torres was allergic to crepes. I had never had them before so I read it as creeps. I don't think that I've ever had crepes before but they were pretty good. Well, after I realized they weren't called creeps and started pronouncing them correctly :)
We biked a lot this week. And when I say a lot I mean like in one day we went 6 miles or so.
Last night we had another mini adventure. We had a moth somehow get upstairs, which is our living area. No worries though, as I'm so great with bugs it was out of there in no time. It only took like 5-10 minutes and a couple screams to get it caught in a cup and taken outside. Also, Sister Torres was more terrified than me so I was on my own for that adventure.
We had a great day at church yesterday! We learned a lot about keeping the Sabbath Day holy and the importance of fasting. It was a pretty great Sacrament meeting! Relief Society was combined with Elders Quorum and it was great! The Relief Society, Elders Quorum, and High Priests leaders each got 15 minutes to teach a mini lesson. We had an amazing one on (you guessed it!) visiting and home teaching! I definitely know that Heavenly Father sent me to Spring Creek so that I could learn the importance of visiting teaching and actually do it when I get home from my mission!

Love and miss you all!
Sister Ashley Gootee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment