Wednesday, December 16, 2015

4 transfers down!

Hello everyone! I am getting transferred..in the future! I'll be in Mt. Rose ward for the next 7 weeks. I love this ward, so I'm pretty excited about that :) It's weird though..this transfer and next transfer will be 7 weeks each. It'll feel really long after having a 5 week transfer.
This week we got a text from a girl in our ward (she's probably in her 20s or so?). She told us she and her boyfriend had some news and asked if we could come see them that night. So we went, unsure of what the news would be but excited. We got there and she and her boyfriend announced that they were married! They also told us that he wanted to be baptized. So we've met with him about 4 times since Monday when they told us the news. He's planning to be baptized on December 26th!
We had exchanges again this week so I was companions with Sister Hingano again for a day! And I went to In n Out for the first time so that was pretty good! Her new companion this next transfer is Sister Anderson, who was one of my roommates in the MTC, so that's pretty cool!
Last night we went to a Christmas Singalong with the stake and it was so fun! It lasted about an hour and a half and it alternated between different ward choirs singing and all of us singing. We sang in Spanish too with the Spanish branch so that was awesome! The Spirit was so strong throughout the evening and it was a really fun way to end the transfer!
Sorry my emails pretty short this week but not a lot happened! I'll try to get some pictures to yall soon!
Love and miss you all!
Sister Ashley Gootee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment