Monday, December 28, 2015

6 Months!

Hello everyone!
So everyone keeps asking me about New Years Eve, so I'll clear up that confusion. We're having a party til midnight!! :) Just kidding, it's actually a lot sadder than that. We have to be in by 6:30 to do weekly planning. I can't really complain about having to do things on New Years though cuz we did nothing on Christmas. Well I guess I did stuff. I spent an hour opening presents because for some reason Sister Gali and I got a ridiculously large amount of gifts and packages. And I watched Mulan. And Lion King (which, by the way, is a quite sketchy movie. What the heck Disney?! It does relate somehow to missionary work though. Some of the elders made commentary the entire movie relating it to missionary work). Anyway I watched Meet the Robinsons too. And most of Santa Clause 3 (we had to turn it off at 10:30). I also got to Skype which was pretty awesome! Especially doing Elf Christmas grams with Becca :) I did do a real Christmas gram this week too which was excellent with my superb tone deaf singing skills. Oh and if you picture a medium sized UPS box completely overflowing with candy, that's how much candy I got this last week -_- if any of you send me any more candy y'all better be paying for my dental work for the next 10 years. Lovin' the treats though!
Really not much else happened besides Christmas. It was a really slow week. Like insanely slow. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that we spent a whole day in the rich part of our area that we hardly ever go to.
Well this week we have interviews with president Chesnut so I find out this week what my release date is for my mission. We also found out that we have the mission tour with Elder Robbin in a couple weeks! I'm excited for that! Personally I think they should just keep the trend going and have a general authority come speak to us every month or every other month at least. 
I'm attaching a picture from our zone white elephant gift exchange! Those are all the missionaries in my zone! :) I got A TON of candy. Christmas was so fun! The second picture is me with all the sisters in my zone and the Wanlasses. We all had breakfast together!
Sorry there's not a lot in this letter but I literally just spoke to some of you 3 days ago. More adventures next week!
Love and miss you all :)
Sister Ashley Gootee :)

P.S. Yes Nevada had earthquakes this last week. Yes I sleep on the top bunk and it rocked back and forth like crazy. Yes I have now slept through 3 earthquakes and an anti-Mormon mob (no worries, people in Nevada aren't that crazy, it was just on trek). It did manage to freak out Sister Gali quite a bit though, mainly because she thought I was going to fall out of bed.
P.P.S I will forever have the hugest scar ever on my leg from shaving. Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment