Saturday, June 25, 2016

Sierra Highlands

Good morning everyone! Lots of changes this week! This was my first week in Sierra Highlands with Sister Muhlestein :) it has been so much fun! It's been weird trying to learn a new area and not knowing where I'm going but it's also been super nice.
First off, I'll start with Monday night when I was still in Mt Rose. Justin's family had us over for dinner and they made us burgers because they knew that was my favorite. His dad is not a member and had bought a card for me from all of them, which was surprising because he isn't the kind of person to do that normally. Hopefully I can get together with his family sometime if they all come visit Reno North :)
Transfer day (Tuesday) was crazy! Trying to pack all of my things, which by the way, did not fit in 2 suitcases and a duffel bag haha don't really care though. Anyways on Tuesday we went to La Chiquita for the last time. It wasn't as good as I hoped but that was probably because I was a little stressed :( Then for the last part of lunch we went to the Cheesecake Factory and split a piece of cake. Such an extravagant going-away party.
Then after transfers Sister Muhlestein and I went to our area and did some work! I've been able to meet some amazing people so far! On Wednesday we had Sister Keil with us for a few hours while she waited for her companion. She served in this ward about a year ago so we went around and met a lot of the people she taught. I was grateful Sister Muhlestein had her there since I have no idea what's going on in this area :) haha
On Thursday we taught this awesome kid named Ashton. He's this super genius 12 year old and he just soaks up everything we teach him. He's preparing to get baptized and he's pretty excited about it and coming to church! It's really cool to see how God is preparing people all around us to be taught the gospel, but whether we're a member missionary or a full-time missionary all we have to do is look and God will guide us to His prepared.
Well I'm pretty much out of time. Just know everyone here is amazing, this ward is the best, I have loved living in an apartment, my companion is amazing, and we're serving in the best area :) I love being a missionary! :)
Next week I'll hopefully send pictures :) and I'll actually remember people's names hopefully so then my email will be a little more meaningful haha
The Church is true! Love you all! :)
Sister Ashley Gootee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment