Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Transfers!

Hello everyone! First thing first, biggest surprise: I'm being transferred! I thought President had just forgotten about me and I was gonna be in Mt Rose forever :) haha. I'm being transferred to the Sierra Highlands ward in Reno North zone. My new companion is Sister Muhlestein :) I'm sooo excited!! I'm really going to miss being with Sister Anderson though :( I'm super sad to be leaving Mt Rose after all this time but I am also very ready for a change!
This was a really good week. We taught some amazing people. Lately we've been teaching Alton. He has been doing great! He is preparing to be baptized on July 2nd and I'm definitely going to ask for permission to go to that! We taught him a couple times this week and then he came to a baptismal service Saturday night and to church on Sunday. He feels like he's been a little behind in his Book of Mormon reading, I mean he is only in Mosiah after a month after all haha. He is so great! I'm going to miss teaching him and seeing his enthusiasm for the gospel :(
We also taught this guy named Jon a couple times this week. He's the guy that was a referral from his coworker in Sparks. Anyways, we showed up a couple days later this week to teach him and not only had he read over the pamphlet that we had given them, but he had written out answers to all of the questions in the back of the pamphlet using the scriptures listed. So we were pretty pumped about that. Then we taught him the restoration and we committed him to be baptized :) We invited him to be baptized on July 16th and he suddenly became very overwhelmed. We talked a lot about baptism and how baptism is the beginning and not the end of everything and he felt a little better and ended up accepting. As we continued talking it came to light that he thought we had said June 16th, which was a week and a half away. We cleared that up and then we all laughed for a little while. I think I'd be a little overwhelmed if 2 girls I just met asked me to be baptized in a week and a half too! haha. Just goes to show how prepared he is considering he still said yes despite it only being a week away haha. Then on Saturday we had a church tour with Jon and it went so well and our Bishop came with us so they got to meet each other!
We also recently started teaching this amazing lady named Nicole! She stopped the elders a couple weeks ago and asked if they could come by and meet with her. Unfortunately for them she lives in our area so we get to teach her :) We taught her the plan of salvation and it was PERFECT for what she's been going through! At the end she said a prayer and it was amazing. Afterwards she looked up and explained how she just realized that all her life all of her prayers had been recited and how great it was to pray in this way. Guys, the Church is true. It's amazing getting to hear those we teach pray for the first time and truly see the Spirit speak to them.
The week all was topped off with the Why I Believe fireside last night. Justin (the 12 year old that was baptized recently) came and spoke! His mom (who recently became active) spoke as well. It was so amazing to hear their testimonies! Then near the end a member of the High Council got up to speak and asked Jon, our investigator we've been teaching for one week now, to bear his testimony. I'm not sure how Jon felt but we were definitely overwhelmed. It was amazing though. The Spirit was strong and it was great to see him share experiences with everyone.
Welp I'm most of the way packed. Today we're gonna have fun and enjoy our last P-day together! Then tonight we'll have dinner with Justin and his family. They asked if they could feed us tonight since I'm leaving :( It's gonna be so sad. It's so weird to think that after 9 months in this area I will be somewhere new tomorrow! I'm excited :) Here's a ton of pictures!
Love you all!
Sister Ashley Gootee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment