Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Hi :)

Hello everyone! This week went by so fast! It feels like it should only be Wednesday but it's somehow P-day again!
We went on exchanges twice this week. On Tuesday I stayed in my area with Sister Parks. It was kinda a slow day but Wednesday was better when we ended with a lunch with our companions :) then on Friday into Saturday I went on exchanges with Sister Keil! We had a SUPER busy day and we saw so many miracles! At one point we were walking through this apartment complex and we started talking to this lady. We asked her if she knew anyone that needed any service or anything and as I filled out a card we started talking and she called her son over. She looked at her son and asked "remember when we went to that beautiful temple and we talked to those 2 nice ladies?" I paused as I filled out the card because that doesn't usually happen to us. Turns out they had visited Temple Square about a year ago as a family and they spent a lot of the day in the Family History Center as well. She told us she's glad she met us because she's been wanting to follow up on that experience :)
We met with Alton a couple times this week! He's preparing to be baptized here in a couple weeks :) we asked him how his Book of Mormon reading has been going and he told us that it's not been the best. He said he didn't get to read a couple different nights so he's gotten a little behind. We asked him where he was at and he said "not that far, I'm just up to page 126." So he's doing pretty well!
On Sunday Sister Anderson and I gave talks and I was the last speaker. That was kinda terrifying to find out 5 minutes before sacrament meeting. The lady who spoke first was supposed to give a 20 minute talk and spoke for over half an hour so that only gave the rest of the program about 15 minutes. Sister Anderson spoke and Bishop ended up cancelling the rest hymn so that I would have at least 5 minutes to speak. I then had to on the spot alter a 15 minute talk into a 5 minute talk, which was kinda a struggle. I guess it somehow still made sense though.
Oh I'm sending a picture of a torta I ate this week! Sister Anderson and I went to La Chiquita and ordered food with the help of this customer that translated for us. They were sooo good!
Love y'all!
Sister Ashley Gootee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment