Wednesday, May 25, 2016

11 Months?

Hi everyone! This was a really good week! Unfortunately I forgot my planner (again...) so I don't really know what happened this week. That's what happens when you turn 20 I guess...
Monday night was sad :( one of my favorite families in the ward moved out of state this last week and we had dinner with them for the last time Monday night. This is the family with the adorable kids that we took a road trip with out to Jessie's confirmation last month. So sad!
Anyways we had to give another training this week...it was not as terrifying as last time and it wasn't as bad as last time either so that's good! 
Then on Wednesday we had Zone Conference which was soo much fun! We were combined with Reno North zone so I got to see a lot of my friends serving in that zone :) I got to see Sister Johnson for the first time since we were companions so long ago! We took a Mt Rose sister picture that I'll send y'all :) besides Sister Finch and Gali, those are all the sisters that have served in that ward that are still on their missions. But asides having tons of fun seeing all my friends and such, we had some great trainings! We learned a ton about how to be better missionaries and how to use the Book of Mormon more in our teaching.
Saturday was a great day! We had 8 set appointments for that day, and even though some of them cancelled we were still pretty busy! We had an amazing church tour with Alton, one of our investigators that we're preparing to be baptized. He had never been to the church before so we were super excited to get him some solid fellowshippers and show him around!
Yesterday was a miracle! Three of the people that we have been working with came to church yesterday! Two of them are members that haven't come in years and the third is Alton! :)
Update: No sign of Maria :)
Missions are the best! I've been learning lots and having tons of fun :)
This week we'll be going on exchanges twice! It should be tons of fun and it'll also make the week go way fast!
Anyways to make up for the lack of news from this week I'll send a bunch of pictures :)
Love you all!
Sister Ashley Gootee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment