Sunday, July 10, 2016

Happy 4th of July!

Hi everyone! Happy 4th of July :) this week was pretty great!
This week we got to go on exchanges with the YSA sisters. That meant that I got to be companions with Sister Johnson again for the day! She was my first companion in the Mt Rose ward! :) It was so much fun to be back together and to catch up on each other's lives. It was also fun because we got to go do some contacting on campus! I felt like I was back at Purdue again only this time I was the missionary :)
Then after exchanges we had to go to the eye doctor for Sister Muhlestein. She's getting glasses! So we spent a lot of the day at the eye doctor and then trying on glasses at Walmart. I was quite entertained. I even went to the little McDonalds at Walmart and bought fries and a Coke, so I just felt like this little kid following around their mom as their mom struggles to finish errands haha.
Friday we had MLC! I didn't have to give a training this time which was super exciting :) I got to see Sister Anderson and catch up on a lot of the people that we'd been teaching there! Sadly our 2 solid investigators aren't so solid anymore :( one of them is MIA and the other wants to move a lot slower. Other than that though it was fun to catch up with her! At the end of MLC we always have the missionaries that are going home bear their testimonies. 6 of the missionaries that were there had to go up! :( it's crazy to see all these missionaries that have been here since the beginning going home. This transfer there are supposed to be 20 missionaries going home, many of which I've served around :(
This morning we had a ward breakfast (for a different ward haha) and got some good food! We have 2 barbecues to go to today and then we get to watch fireworks! We basically have the entire day off so that should be fun :)
Love you all!
Sister Ashley Gootee

No comments:

Post a Comment