Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Trios for life!! :) haha

This week was crazy but awesome!
P-day was super fun! With is being the 4th of July, we didn't do any proselyting that day. After we emailed we went and hung out with members for a little while and then we went to the ward barbecue for most of the night. We pretty much just hung out with members and got to know them a little better and pigged out on a ton of food! Since I emailed last I have had at least 8 burgers. I'm kinda disgusted with myself. Anyways, we got permission to stay out past 9 for fireworks so we ended up going and hanging out on this hill with a bunch of the missionaries in our zone. Sadly we missed some of the fireworks but it was fun to hang out with everyone!
On Tuesday we had zone training so Sister Muhlestein and I had to give a training 😓 I'm still not a huge fan of doing trainings but it wasn't too bad. Our topic was on working with ward members and gaining their trust.
Tuesday night into Wednesday we had exchanges with the Peavine sisters! Unfortunately, Wednesday  morning we got a text from President and one of the Peavine sisters ended up going home. We are now in a trio with Sister Monsivais! She is awesome! She is from Provo, Utah and Sister Johnson trained her. We'll be companions for the next couple weeks til transfers! It's been pretty crazy lately though! She covers 2 wards and we cover 1. We ended up being at church yesterday for 7 hours (which was awesome!!), taking the sacrament 3 times, balancing 3 different wards' investigators, and trying to figure out our dinner calendar. The blessing is that we now have more people that want to feed us than we have time for! Maybe we'll start passing around a lunch calendar haha.
Anyways, going to church for 7 hours was super fun! It's probably as close to general conference as you can get without a general authority being involved. It was great to really spend the day thinking about the covenants that I've made. I also went into each of the meetings with a question in mind and all of my questions were answered through different speakers! The Church is true, guys.
Also! I learned something super awesome! So I serve in the Sierra Highlands ward and now we cover Peavine and Mogul wards as well. The ward mission leader for the Mogul ward has a son serving a mission right now and he's serving in the Indiana Indianapolis mission!!!! :) So his name is Elder Carroll and he's serving in Zionsville so y'all need to somehow find him and take him out to lunch or something :) What's super cool is that he also served in Lafayette for a while but I think it was after I left on my mission, so I never met him. I definitely had missionaries tell me about an elder serving from Nevada though so I'm pretty sure I've heard of him!!
Anyways, I'll send some pictures!
Love y'all!
Sister Ashley Gootee

P.S. Cool miracle: Mom sent me a package last week and it had a bunch of random stuff in it and one of the things was a water bottle. I looked at it and was like "what the heck?! What am I supposed to do with this water bottle" cuz I already had one that I used all the time. Then, later that day, my water bottle broke. Sometimes God gives us blessings that we don't even notice we need until down the road! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment