Wednesday, February 24, 2016

8 Months . . ?

Hello all! So yes, some of you have heard that this week was a little crazy. Sister Wright went home on Wednesday. Missions are definitely not for everyone. I've been in a trio with Sister Anderson and Sister Meyer since and it has been the best! We've had so much fun together these last few days and we've been getting so much work done in this area. Sister Anderson was my roommate in the MTC and we always talked about how one day we would be companions but we never really believed it would happen! Sister Meyer just came out with Sister Wright and she is from Utah. She is a very hard worker and we've all been having a really good time together! Basically we just have a party all day every day :)
My ward is amazing! I had around 15 sisters respond and say that they'd be willing to go on splits with me this week! Since Wednesday I've gone on splits with 6 sisters already! The work is still moving forward in this area! Two of my investigators will be baptized on March 5th! It's getting to be pretty close! Another one is preparing to be baptized on the 12th and she is amazing as well!
If y'all want to send some messages to Sister Wanlass, she's pretty sad :( I had to move out of her place and move in with the Zuckers, which is who the Lakeside sisters live with. They're a great family as well but now Sister Wanlass has no sisters living with her :( I should be back in a few weeks though.
Quotes of the week:
--The celestial kingdom.."it's like Thanksgiving without the stress."
--A 2 year old tried to recite the first article of faith..."We believe in God will be punished for his own sins..." Not quite, buddy.
Anyways, outta time so I gotta go. Sorry for the shortness of the email! I am doing great :) missionary work is amazing!
Love you all!
Sister Ashley Gootee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment