Sunday, February 14, 2016

Training!

This week was pretty great! And the Broncos won, so that makes it even better :)
My new companion is Sister Wright! Let's see, so she's from southeast Ohio where she played the trombone in marching band throughout high school. She studied abroad in Scotland (so jealous) for a semester and she also studied at Ohio University. She's pretty awesome.
This week we committed 4 people to be baptized. I committed 2 and then she committed the next 2. Reece and Justin (the 9 year old and 12 year old) will both be baptized on March 5th. Jessica will be baptized on March 12th. One of the other 3 we invited this week accepted the invitation but has not set a date and the other 2 aren't sure yet. So pretty successful week in Mt. Rose!
Sister Wright's birthday was on Saturday! Sister Wanlass made us cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then she made us dinner as well. Then yesterday Sister Wright was sick (and it was not Sister Wanlass' cooking. One of our investigators that we had dinner with Friday night was sick as well so we think it's food poisoning from that restaurant we went to). Anyways I'm pretty sure there's a curse on this area that when a new sister comes in, she gets sick within the first week. When I came in I was sick the first P-day, when Sister Gali came in we missed church because she was sick, and when Sister Wright came in we missed church because she was sick. Somethin about this area. This is the 4th time that I've missed my ward on my mission, so basically I'm less active :( People probably just assumed we skipped out to watch the Superbowl since we have 1 o'clock church :) haha anyways, Sunday was basically a party day. I pretty much spent it working on the binder for a solid 4 or 5 hours at least and then reading the Book of Mormon for a couple hours and then working on the binder for a couple more hours. I did get about an hour nap in but then I wasn't tired anymore and was afraid that I wouldn't sleep that night. I did spend some time sitting out and talking to Sister Wanlass, which was pretty great! I just need to get President on board with me never having to leave her house.
This week we had someone in our ward come home from his mission and then we had one leave the same day. The elder that came home is a member of one of the families that we teach so we were there when he got home from being released. It's been great to meet him after all of the stories we've heard about his mission! It was also perfect timing because he got to come with us to help someone move the next morning :) That was the second time that I've helped someone move on my mission and both times have been the last 2 weekends.
Well there's really nothing else that I can think of for this week...We had some tasty taco salad the other day for dinner (bet y'all never thought I'd say that) and some really good stew Saturday (bet y'all never thought I'd say that too 😁 ).
Have a fantastic week! Love and miss you all :)
Sister Ashley Gootee

No comments:

Post a Comment