Monday, February 29, 2016

Hola!

Hello all!
Welp, here's a summary of my week: we moved boxes. a lot. Anyways I guess some other stuff did happen.
Justin and Reece both passed their baptismal interviews! They'll both be baptized this Saturday at noon :) I'll definitely send some pictures home next week :) I guess I should talk about them a little bit. Sorry if I talked about them before...So Justin is 12 and we started teaching him about a month and a half ago. His dad is not a member but his stepmom is and we started out visiting her for the last few months at least. One day we decided we'd invite Justin to go to mutual. He went to the activity where all the youth hung out and played volleyball and when he got home from the activity he asked his mom how he could get baptized. We started teaching him soon after and set him with a date. He's pretty awesome! He's so excited for the priesthood and to be able to pass the sacrament! His grandpa is going to baptize him on Saturday and the whole family couldn't be more excited!
The sisters have been teaching Reece since June or July and he's wanted to be baptized since. The only thing that has been holding him back is coming to church. His mom is a member but doesn't want to come and his stepdad isn't a member and as he's 9 it's been hard getting him there with someone his mom trusts (which is totally understandable). Then we started bringing a kid in his primary class and his mom and since then they have been best friends and Reece has been coming to church pretty much every week. Since I met him in October, all he's talked about is how he wants to be baptized and now it's finally happening! His uncle is going to be coming from out of town to baptize him :)
Basically this coming Saturday at noon is going to be the best hour ever! So excited for both of their baptisms and I've loved getting to know both of these boys over the last few months. The Lord is really hastening His work! I've seen so many amazing miracles come as we've been able to do our small part in this work. God really does notice the small things that we do. When we work hard in all that we do, God will pour out blessings for us. I'm so happy that I'm on my mission! At Zone Conference President talked about when we accepted our calls to serve a mission. As he talked about that I remembered that I almost didn't accept my mission call. At the time I was unsure of whether I really wanted to go on a mission. I finally accepted the call after at least 2 weeks but did so hesitantly and mainly because I didn't want others to judge me for not accepting my call. I can't believe that I almost didn't come on a mission. I can't even imagine how different my life would be right now if I did not come on a mission. Missions are hard but I am so grateful for the difficulty of it as it's helped me to grow so much. I have learned so many valuable life lessons and my testimony has grown more than I ever imagined it would. I'm so grateful for this time that I've had to serve a mission and I can't believe I've already been out for so many months.
Anyways I hope that you all have a great week :) I love and miss you all!
Sister Ashley Gootee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment