Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Happy Pi Day! :)

Welp this week started off interesting with me going to Urgent Care on Monday evening. It was totally unnecessary though. The doctor did nothing but check my vitals and then tell me that I either had a viral infection or mono but she wasn't sure yet. Pretty sure I could've figured that out on my own...Anyways I feel better now so no worries about mono! I'm not sure how I would've gotten that anyways but whatever...
I was still dying a tad through the first part of this week and with the Nyquil knocking me out (and making me so tired that I was paranoid I really did have mono) I don't really remember the first couple days of last week. But some great things did happen! We had a Relief Society activity the other day and it was amazing because a. there was free food and cupcakes and 2. one of our investigators came!!! We were so excited! We were at this point in the program when someone was playing a music video from the phone and the song was amazing! The Spirit was super strong and I was getting all emotional (I know, me getting emotional? when does that happen?) and she walked in. So there was this whole overdramatic moment where I got up and waved and walked over and gave her and her daughter a hug and we were at the front of the room so everyone was just staring at us like 'what the heck's going on?'. But anyways that was definitely the highlight of the week. Especially because she got to meet a lot of the sisters in the ward and made some friends with some of them!
Another amazing thing happened! We had exchanges! I love exchanges! Friday night through Saturday I was with Sister Meyer in the Lakeside ward and Sister Anderson was with Sister Finch in my ward. It was super fun to be 2/3 of the way back into a trio! I learned a lot from Sister Meyer's greenie fire that she has! We also had dinner with this family and one of them is thinking about going to Purdue for aviation. So if someone could get me the contact info for one of the guys in Purdue YSA that'd be helpful and I'll give it to him...Anyways, tomorrow I get to go on exchanges with Sister Anderson :) I'm super pumped!
Another amazing thing is that I'm going to have lunch with Sister Torres (my trainer) in a little over an hour! I'm so excited :D
Some quotes from the week...
"Throw those Chewbaccas in the garbage" - quoted from a sacrament meeting talk. They were telling a story about how this Chewbacca doll reminded them of a negative experience that happened with it with his dad when he was younger. The other day he decided to throw it away because it reminded him of his negative feelings. He talked about the importance of forgetting the negative and letting go of grudges to be able to make our family relationships Christ centered.

At Urgent Care...
Sister Finch: I can't believe that guy died.
Me: *completely in shock as I think she's talking about the guy that was sitting right behind us a few minutes earlier*
Sis F: *looks at me concerned* The guy in the Oxiclean commercial
Me: Ohh I feel so much better about myself.
Aka things you don't want to hear when you are sitting in Urgent Care.
Love and miss you all!
Sister Ashley Gootee :)

P.S. I did hear that Peyton Manning retired but I don't know when y'all planned on telling me that Alan Rickman died. Thanks guys.
P.P.S. Happy Pi Day! I would not be a true math major without wishing y'all a happy pi day.

No comments:

Post a Comment